The process of opening a company bank account in Italy is mostly similar to other European countries. Having an extensive network of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, SIGTAX can help you open your company account in Italy with the best bank for your business’ needs and in the quickest possible time frame.
Main challenges when opening a bank account in Italy as a foreigner
- Some banks demand that applicants physically visit the bank premises in order to open their account.
- Others insist that applicants submit a letter of introduction, duly translated and certified, from the bank in their country of residence.
- Top banks might not even talk to you unless your annual turnover exceeds €1 million
The above challenges can be a milestone for foreigners who want to quickly incorporate their company in Italy. Fortunately, with SIGTAX, you don’t have to face these challenges at all. Leveraging our extensive network of International Banking Groups and our deep knowledge of international and Italian banking regulations, our clients can cut through the red tape and progress in a quick and seamless way.
For instance, in cases whereby the bank requires you to visit in person, SIGTAX will send a local representative on your behalf to assist you through this sometimes daunting process. Due to our huge experience and a solid network with major banks, you can be certain that you do won’t have to set foot in Italy to open a Bank Account
Documents needed to open a corporate bank account in Italy
As previously mentioned, SIGTAX can help you prepare some of the documents related to the opening of a corporate bank account in Italy. The documents to be filed upon the opening of a company bank account in Italy are the following:
- Passport of the company director;
- Proof of address of the director;
- Tax identification number;
- Company’s certificate of registration;
- Certificate of good standing of the company;
- Statements related to the good financial status of company shareholders owning more than 20% of the shares in the company.
For more details and assistance regarding opening a bank account in Italy, feel free to reach out to our expert consultants. Our highly experienced and well-informed team is ready to answer all your questions and they may also offer you additional services in other countries, such as Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg Ireland and Cyprus among many other countries.